www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Buddha Is Present

I've been trying to remember bits and pieces of my living history, because I SUCK at remembering anything. Anything at all. In high school, one of my best friends served as my memory. It was great. Otherwise, I was just a present-living being skipping along to the next event. It was nice to be reminded of the all of the fun moments I'd experienced and shared. I would laugh and laugh and laugh at all of the silly shit I got myself into when he would relay it to me. Then, I would forget it. But, then I would laugh and laugh and laugh when he would tell me again.

It's kinda amusing when you're the only one without memory gray matter. Often, my friends would say something like, "Remember last week when..." I would respond with an utterly and completely devoid of any idea what they're talking about blank stare. They couldn't believe it and would look at me as if I had turned into a martian from the planet of WhatTheFuckIsWrongWithYou?ItWasLastWeekForChrissakes. I can't help it, though. I'm like Buddha. (Yes, I am.) I'm eternally in the present. Constantly enmeshed entirely in what I am doing at this very moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

That is beautiful.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home