www.flickr.com

Friday, June 17, 2005

I Gotta Chill About the Freddie Prinze. Really.

I finished the god-awful movie this morning. All I could think about was how cute Freddie Prinze Jr. must be when he gets angry. He's like a pug or chihuahua or something. Every emotion he conjures just makes you want to bear hug him. The New York Times was right about the movie though, "HEAD OVER HEELS exists in a realm beyond sense, and it induces in the viewer a trancelike state, leaving the mind free to ponder the mysteries of the universe." I was thinking about having a Prinze Jr. retrospective, but after reviewing his cv, I realized that would be a slow form of torture. Perhaps having retrospectives of actors is an idea better left unrealized. I'll stick with the directors.

The only other Prinze Jr. movie that's come across my viewing palette has been SCOOBY DOO. It was a pirated copy. A friend of mine in San Diego had downloaded it (for about 20 hours) onto his computer. I have absolutely no idea why he chose this movie. Perhaps all of those drugs from Tijuana were clouding his judgement. And ours, too, for making it an actual planned viewing event. And Freddie, too, for that nasty blonde hair.

You know, I actually personally know one of those guys who sell pirated copies of movies on the streets of New York? One of my friends from college is married to him, as a matter of fact. The last time I visited the couple, we settled in for an informative night of pirated FAHRENHEIT 911. The quality was surprisingly good. At times, I would entirely forget the dvd's true origin. That is, until someone would get up to go to the bathroom, their silhouetted head blocking most of the frame. My pirated dvd married friend is now with infant. Sadly, she has consequently dropped off the face of the earth. Well, maybe she has only dropped off the face of my earth. Sometimes I fear people regard me as an anathema to children. Maybe it has something to do with my exceptional ability to drop 50% of the things I carry. Or they fear I'd just forget about them and leave them at the quicky mart nibbling on powdered donuts while I boogied at the local discotheque. Or maybe they think I'd actually take them to the discotheque.

I should really alert her to my new disease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home