www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Danger Zone

I tried to sit through the enire graduation. I really did. But that CEO from Qualcomm is insanely boring. He was talking about cell phones and how the video is going to get so much better and everyone will have one yada yada. I can read an article about that techno drivel any time. Really, now. What was he thinking? What was the college thinking getting this guy? He must've been the third or fourth choice.

This wave of tiredness just hit me. I need food, but I'm avoiding the kitchen. The parents are here and whenever they're in town, the mom rarely ventures out of the 5 foot radius of the kitchen. There is something that has come to my realization: she doesn't like me. Indeed, she has a nasty habit of picking on me. I've been avoiding her as much as politely as possible, but there was necessary interaction this morning. As I was making some toast, my boyfriend was making his way into the hot tub for the first time. So, I'm chatting with him as he relaxes in the warm bubbles. I didn't get in, of course. The wrinkly skin thing and all. I tell him I'm on my way out to go jog. My boyfriend takes a liking to the jogging idea and announces to his parents that he wants to go jogging, too. This was his mother's response: "You have to work hard to be able to relax and jog all day, CARMEN." What? Wait. What? She continued on, "You can't just relax and do what you want. You need to work." Talk about blunt and the opposite of pleasant. Woah, nelly. I fear she has it in for me. My beau says I should talk back to her. But I just can't. She's old and it just seems like a waste of breath. So, I've opted for the avoidance route. Wish me luck. 5. more. days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Notyomomma said...

I know. I'm thinking it might be worth the $9 to see MONSTER IN LAW now. So maybe I can laugh about it? Ha. Ha.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home