www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Weird Body Phase

I'm kinda in a weird body phase right now, which I'm sure has much to do with the crazy hours I kept during the long weekend. Essentially, I can't focus and I'm generally apathetic, particularly when it comes to this day job stuff. Yes, I'm quite apathetic on a normal day, but I'm finding it hard to even fake it right now.

Last night, my lack of focus carried over into my evening hours. I couldn't commit even to, like, a piece of food. I would nibble on a chip here, an egg there. Just making a freaking meal already and be done with it! Alas, nothing held my interest for long enough. I even attempted watching the Food Network to try and work up some sort of enthusiasm, but to no avail.

After frittering my time away watching fascinating documentaries such as Mariah Carey Uncut, and feeling bad about myself even before the 'pajama birthday party' part came on, I finally snapped to and did something that didn't suck the life force out of me. I watched House of Yes. Have you seen this? Delightful. The characters are smart, sarcastic, like to fuck with people, and are generally bored with the world. My kind of characters. Parker Posey stars. She's one of the actresses around today who I think would be chosen to play me in the movie of my life. Her and Winona and Molly Ringwald, and, according to my grandmother, Alyssa Milano.

But back to HOY. It's a story about a dysfunctional family. Every character is a bit off. They know what normal is, but they want nothing to do with it. I fantasize about becoming as eccentric as these characters. Who wants to be average? My lot is to be an innocuous involuntary dancer, though. Ah well. Freddie Prinze, Jr. is in it and he's a doll. He does a great job playing the dim lightbulb. Somehow the sweater vest he wears just completes him. Along with the characters, the dialogue is fun stuff. Parker gets most of the good lines. She actually won the Sundance Best Actress award for this role. "Were you poor? Did you eat chicken pot pie?" The director of HOY is actually the brother of the writer of Heathers. They're both naughty black comedies. And so fiendishly fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home