www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

You think this story's over, but it's ready to begin

Ok, ok, I'll try and wrap up. Sadly, I couldn't keep up with my cohorts at the sake bar, although I was digging all of the Beasties songs playing over the speakers. The huka was not playing nice with my delicate tummy. Of course, it affected no one else. So everyone drank round after round of sake and talked about science articles because they're a little dry like that (mostly PhDs in the group that night). Once again, I found myself spending a portion of my night holding my belly and trying to delicately burp off to the side. I tried to settle my g.i. system by eating more food. More sake for everyone else and massive number of pork dumplings for me. Woo hoo. Now, everyone definitely had their groove on and it's all I can do stay awake. I was so tired, literally all I could do was blink. I tried my darndest to laugh and nod at the right times. I think I suceeded in fooling them to believe I was into the conversation. Anyway, they were drunk and wouldn't have noticed much anyway. But, all I could think about was how nice it would be to take out my contacts and lay my head down. Just for a little bit. Just for 5 minutes. Please. Pretty please. Etc., etc. I think it's like 1 am at this point. Lucky for me, the table reached the concensus that since we're in New York we must party like the rock stars we will never be. So, on to the next club!

Yay.

The only place I know about in New York anymore is this place called Bob's in the Village. This was far more knowledge than any of the others posessed, so off to Bob's it was. Bob's is mainly hip hop, but they throw in some nice throwbacks like Bel Biv Devoe and MJ and En Vogue. Every nationality under the sun is there. It's a small place and everyone is dancing, so the place has a lot of energy and a fun vibe. I have this affliction wherein if I hear a beat, my body will involuntarily move to it. No seriously, I can't help it. If you know me, you've probably at least once watched slackjawed as I boogied in the checkout line at the grocery store or somewhere else inane like that. Although my body was rebelling and my eyes were trying to seal themselves shut, once we stepped into the club- it was on. I wouldn't say I was the best dancer, ok yeah, I would. I did some mean dancing. Even my boyfriend felt the vibe and stepped it up a notch. Because everyone continued to drink even more, even the whities in our crew got up the nerve to shake their tailfeathers. Some better than others. We danced until 4 am.

Of course, with all of the alcohol coursing through everyone else's veins, some late night noshing was desperately needed. We picked a diner and everyone pigged out on waffles and burgers. As for myself, I blinked until it was time to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home