www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 26, 2005

HALLLELUJAH! HELLO! WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE AM I? I'M 30! YOU ARE, TOO? WHEEEEEEEEEE!

I shout it to the winds! I AM NOW 30!

I want to thank everyone who shared probably the most momentous weekend of my life since, well, as far as I can remember (which is saying a lot).

I want to thank the ever dazzling girl crew for finally coaxing me into my floor luging/chair straddling/fan accented interpretive dance.

I want to thank Ann & Ashley for taking those pictures with my phone I found two days after the fact. (Not only taken, but saved as the wallpaper on my phone.)

I want to thank my boyfriend for the impromptu creation (with the circular saw in the basement) of the cricket bat for my destruction of the star pinata.

I want to thank Ann for thoughtfully recycling the pinata as a fashion garment and exhibiting to all what proper party wear should look like.

I want to thank Dabney for taking the most fantastic picture of my interpretive dance. I've already hired her for my wedding.

I want to thank Audrey for flying from sunny LA to giggle at my karaoke singing and suggest I audition for American Idol for all of the wrong reasons.

I want to thank Ashlee & Ann for providing the most harmonious back-up ever heard to Total Eclipse of the Heart.

I want to thank Journey for writing Open Arms. The introduction of my birthday cake wouldn't have been the same without it.

I want to thank Cuba for making cigars with the appropriate subtle hints of chocolate and cherries.

I want to thank my neighborhood for not gawking while tipsy women sashayed about my patio while puffing into the night sky.

I want to thank chocolate for becoming one with mousse and being a part of my cake.

I want to thank Audrey (who really I have no idea how I would've managed without) for making the most tasty sangria complete with a floating cornucopia of fruit.

I want to thank my boyfriend for making THE dance mix. I did not know that teaching you the ways of iTunes the night before my party would result in such miraculous party grooving.

Finally, I want to send out a personal open-ended invite to everyone I know in the Boston area. I have about 40 bottles of beer in my fridge. I think that's at least 5 times my weight in alcohol.

Please drink my beer.

I love you all. Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

Dude. I wondered where the fuck you went. I almost gave up on your blog. But now you are back. Phew.

The world is right again.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home