www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Neverending Story

Ok, so there was more art to be viewed. After meeting up with the went-to-bed-at-7:30 am crew, we immediately headed to Queens. More specifically, another museum. This one verry contemporary. PS 1, as a matter of fact. Have you heard of it? This was my first visit and it was good times, my friend. It's this 3 story renovated school, which has art pulsing from every nook and cranny (did I spell that right?) of its being. Even in the unisex bathrooms. There was one particular video I connected with in one of the loos. It was clearly a 1st person pov and consisted of shots of men as this person travelled around the city, on the subway, etc. In white letters typed in fron of each guy was either a 'yes,' 'no,' or 'maybe.' Ha! It was the soundtrack that really made it work. The entire exhibit was quite fun with a myriad of stuff going on. There was an art ride, constructed out of wood and gel, an ice sculpture, performance art, a mystical white haired big foot in the basement, and all sorts of other crazy shit. Fan-fucking-tabulous. So awesome, I must curse.

THEN, more recruits joined us from Boston. We jaunted back to mid-town to meet up, but not without refueling with some mocha lattes. This was going to be a long night.

First group stop: Dinner!! Yes! About time. But, then there was the necessary group dynamic of "Where do you want to eat?" "I'm not sure. What about you?" What are you in the mood for?" "Anything really. What about you?" "I could go for Italian or Indian or Mexican or Chinese or sushi." Aaaaah! We ended up at the place next to where we could find a parking spot. Thank god there was some sort of deciding factor. Even more Boston recruits met us for dinner! So, it was like every other dinner I normally have on a weekend here in Boston. The food was salright, sokay. The service was crazy stellar, though.

Second group stop: Hukas! If you've partaken of the huka smoke, then you know what it entails. Lots of light headed giggles and puffing and passing. We all got nice and loosened up and soon the camera phones came out- Picture Time! I'll post them if I ever download that goofy Hello software. We were really at the huka bar to kill time, though. Our intended destination was a sake bar. 3 rounds of drinks later, we finally end up at said sake bar. Let me tell you, I have never had better sake in my life. The Asians of the group did most of the ordering, so sadly I can't say exactly what I drank- something about 'refined,' I think. So smooth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home