www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Shake it to the right, if you're having a good time

Again, I found myself in a constant state of distraction last night. I was determined to commit to making a meal, though. To help myself committ, I decided to pop open one of the 500 beers in my fridge. It made the chopping of the onion and all of the other menial tasks involved with cooking seem less daunting. Well, I ended up having too much fun. One beer turned into two, which turned into a glass of wine. But let me tell you, I was having a BALL making those nachos. Talk about good times! It didn't dawn on me to turn on the stereo until I was feeling my first beer. My iPod is hooked up to our stereo, so I put it on random. It was picking the best songs ever! Spice Up Your Life by the Spice Girls and some vintage Depeche Mode, among other goodies. That was about the most fun I've had all week. Probably will be the highlight, actually. And really all I was doing was chopping and drinking. Who knew? At first thought, it seems like something I would want to repeat everyday possible, but I fear the beer calories will doom me in the end. Of course, what's really so wrong with being happy, fat, and drunk? I can't think of anything off of the top of my head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

This sounds like an awesome night to me. If you are up for listening to Spice Girls and, uh, chopping some stuff this weekend, give me a call.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home