www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Freddie Prinze Jr. is Still Hot, Though

I've been watching the most inane movie EVER. EVER! I'm having a Mark Waters retrospective at my house. I briefly blogged about his first movie, HOUSE OF YES. And I kept hearing about his last movie in the theaters, MEAN GIRLS, which everyone is evidently in love with, most notably Feety Scent. (In the last issue of ELLE, evidently, its star L.Lohan gushed about the movie's effect on "black guys." Uh, ok, white girl.) Since HOUSE OF YES is edgy and the Tina fey penned MEAN GIRLS sounds promisingly edgy, I thought I'd watch all of this up and coming director's movies in a row to cop a feel, if you will, of his style. This second movie of his, though, is UNBEARABLE. It's throwing me for a loop. How did he ever work again after it?? I mean, it got a 9% on Rotten Tomatoes and only made a paltry 10 million its opening weekend. (It distresses me that I have added to its video numbers.) I'm going to share a little dish. Back in the day when I worked at the talent agency, the star of HEAD OVER HEELS was a client and was endlessly pitched as the next Julia Roberts. You can definitely see the resemblance. They've got the same nose or something. And the same voice. But she lacks all of the charm. Ouch. I don't mean to attack her personally, really. I'm sure she's hot and I'd probably want to do her if I met her in real life. But she's not effective as an actor- at least not in this vein. The writing is so, so, so bad as well. Maybe I'll jot down some of it for you. Second thought, ex that. That would require a repeat viewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home