www.flickr.com

Friday, July 29, 2005

I Can't Keep My Hands Off Of Myself

I've never been able to. I'm futilely and deperately trying to stop myself from picking my nails. I'll start tearing at them and immediately I'll say to myself, "Notyomomma, stop that. You know you have made a sacred vow to yourself to never do that again." Literally, half a second later, after my mind has drifted to whatever ADD inspired topic is next, I will catch myself picking at them again. I have to mantra myself to death to freaking stop. Although I'm a big fan of mantras, this one is wearing me out.

Yesterday, during the fabulous, amazing, nature worshipping, unbelievable, heart swelling, invigorating, glorious weather we experienced yesterday here in Boston, I took a jog at the Arboretum, which is walking distance from my house. I jogged for an hour. An hour! You tell me to do that any other day and I'll try to make you wash your mouth out with soap. But, the weather was so fucking awesome, I was- get this- happy while I jogged. I was just running around feeling content with the world, myself, life, possibility, everything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

That is a very happy post. I too ran.

Tomorrow we shall embrace life and luxuriate in the world at the beach. glorious beach.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home