www.flickr.com

Friday, January 06, 2006

DO SOMETHING

I'm one of those people that never read the articles regarding Iraq. I just skim the headlines and my blood starts to boil and I avoid further agitation by not reading on. The reason being, mainly I feel helpless. Ever since Bush was solidly re-elected into office, I've realized my views are emphatically not shared by most of my fellow countrymen. A very, very dispiriting, depressing realization. So I focus on the things that fill my soul, namely art, friends, good movies, creativity. But, the latest headline just screams at me and riles the indignation I've been sheltering from the mean, mean world:

UP TO 130 KILLED IN IRAQ

That's just too much. That's unacceptable. And still I don't know what to do. I suppose volunteering with some politically charged organizations is a better act towards righting the wrongs than not doing anything at all.

Of course, it must be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home