www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Purity Of Essence


I finally reached Dr. Strangelove on my Kubrick retrospective. Peter Sellers is an acting GENIUS!!!!! AAAAH! I LOVE HIM. God, he's funny. I was reading some trivia on the movie and evidently he played his President character originally as having a bad cold, which was killing all of the other actors, who couldn't keep a straight face. But, then Kubrick decided to have the President be the straight man to everyone else's antics, so we don't get to witness this further evidence of his comic genius. Dr. Strangelove is by far my favorite character. The way he smiles and his eyes twinkle behind his glasses. For all of the wrong reasons, you can tell. And that war room is a cinematic work of art. I tell you all of these things because I have nothing else to tell you. These are the things that occupy my thoughts and my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home