www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Work With Me, Brain, Work With Me

I'm going to tell you about my life. I'm going to tell you about my life in excruciating minutiae. Last night, I immediately retired to my abode to sip hot tea and eternally read New Media In Art...Oh my god, I'm already bored with this. Maybe I should talk to more people or expand my social circle so I would have more things to say, or better, gossip about. I have no gossip, no antics to relay. I read last night, people! Woohooo! Well, I also fretted a bit. About my lack of motivation, even with all of my Structure. But, I've stumbled upon a new technique, which interestingly was first introduced to me in my Body Sculpting Workbook. Since I'm not actually doing the things I should be doing, and what's even worse than that, I KNOW what I should be doing and I'm STILL not doing it, I decided there's something wrong with me. Really just fundamentally wrong with me. Like maybe I'm a little retarded or something. But, that knowledge wasn't helping me. So, I tabled that and decided I needed to infuse my process with something new and fresh, this being the new year after all. Here's what I finally decided on: Are you ready for this? No, I don't think you are. Are you sitting down? Yes, you should sit down. Listen to me when I tell you this. Sit. Down. Ok, now you're ready. Here's what I've added to my process:

V
I
S
U
A
L
I
Z
A
T
I
O
N

That spells Visualization. Now, I will Visualize what I should be doing. And this, of course, will make me do it. Admittedly, there was a bit of a misstep with this new process last night when I started visualizing while lying in bed. I fell asleep. So, that's not good. But, this should not be looked upon as a negative against Visualization! No, no! I should have known better than to (attempt anything, really) Visualize while lying in bed with my eyes closed. This more than likely has to do with my mild retardedness, but that's neither here nor there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home