www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

That was the most unrelaxing vacation of my life.


I'm not saying it wasn't fun. I'm saying it was too much fun. First off, I didn't know anyone on the trip. So, there was all of that anxiety about how dorky can I be, how sloppy drunk can I get without offending multiple sensibilities, etc. Ends up they were all as cool as Kool-Aid, so it was a never-ending good time. The unanimous favorite night was definitely Friday, when my boyfriend became BFF with the dj at Nikki Beach and we got invited to the afterparty, with all of the random locals our crew hooked up with in tow. There's just something special about riding home in a truck bed with a cute labrador licking your feet at 7 in the morning.

We splashed around a lot, we surfed, we kayaked, we swam up to the pool bar over and over and over again with our goofy dog-paddling, trying desperately not to get our pesos wet. All of the 5 year olds in the pool and myself swam around in goggles. There was taco noshing, World Cup watching, hot-tubbing and flagrant dancing at cheesy locales with names like Squid Roe.

All in all, a most fabulous vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home