www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 29, 2006

(Perhaps Not) Mild Shopping Euphoria

I am really unduly excited about today's purchases. Ok, first off, let me tell you that not having a boss is starting to get very dangerous. All of this downtime has reacquainted yours truly with the joys of shopping. Before I became bossless, shopping really was quite the chore. I mean, I didn't want to spend my precious weekends trying on 20 pairs of jeans in a cramped changing room, listening to some girl in the next stall recount the details of her most recent makeout session. And after work, I'm already so tired of it all, the last thing I want to do is, well, try on 20 pairs of jeans and hear about someone's makeout session.

But, oh the wonders of the empty stores during the workday! Everyone seems so much more cheery! And less in my personal space! And everything is at my disposal! It is nothing less than a wonderful, merry playground full of fanciful delights. Ooooooh la la!

Yesterday, I spent my three hour lunch at Barneys, spending money I most certainly do not have. Today, I decided it probably best to notch it down a few pegs and spent the daily shopping escapade at, um, CVS. Hey, have you ever just roamed the aisles looking for fun and new things at the drugstore? You really gotta try it sometime. It is a good time. A darn good time.

Today's most exciting purchases involve a Quattro and a Spin Brush. Witness:



Are they not lovely in their loveliness and newness? Don't you just want to hold them and caress them and place them in fantastic places in your bathroom?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home