www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Humanity, I Will Save You With My Dancing

Oh yes. You will dance with me.

My boo and I went to watch X-Men: The Last Stand. Very surprisingly, I totally freaking loved it. Mutant powers are the best! The most awesome aspect is that they're all totally random and all over the place. I wish I could've been part of that brainstorming session when they were writing the script.

"Bob, what mutant power do you think this character should have?"

"Well, let's see, Ted. Maybe his mutation should cause porcupine needles to pop out of his face when he becomes excited."

"Excellent idea, Bob! What a completely inane and pointless skill!"

The boyfriend and I were so amped up by the movie, we mused on what our mutant skills would most likely be while we were waiting in the endless traffic to get out of Fenway. Sadly, we realized our skills would more than likely not be Class 5. Or Class 4. Ok, they probably wouldn't even be Class 3.

Well, let me just tell you what mine would be:
Whenever I dance, the person I'm looking at loses all control over their body and is forced to start dancing with me.

This wouldn't only be useful at the discotheque, now. Imagine if you will, at the climax of the movie, when the evil villain has finally made it into the inner sanctum of the highly classified government laboratory and is seconds away from pressing the magic button that somehow defies all physics and logic and ignites every nuclear bomb in the ENTIRE WORLD, I miraculously find him right in the nick of time. Immediately, I stare at him intently and...I...start...TO DANCE! He must dance, too! Completely against his will! We're doing the Cha Cha Cha as we save the world!!!!!

Now that would be an awesome ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home