www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's Tricky


It happened. I went out and purchased a Su Doku book of those silly number games. Randomly, I decided to try the one in the Metro this morning. A friend has recently admitted his addiction to me, so maybe I was curious. But this guy also does inane things like watch The Island on opening night, so to be honest I just chalked it up to another infatuation train of the masses that'd I'd be more than happy to watch pass me by.

What really got me, though, was the fact that I COULD NOT FINISH THE PUZZLE. Talk about a blow to the ego. I've done the crosswords in the Metro before and I recognize how elementary they are, so I can only assume that I was not able to do a simple, super easy, who the hell made these popular? Su Doku puzzle. The thought of my friend kicking my ass at these evil games is...is...killing me. Ok yeah, he's about to have an article published in Nature and he's younger than me. Nonetheless! My competitive drive has kicked into effect.

I am nothing if not a game person.

Of course, I have no choice but to spend my day obsessively figuring out all of the games in my new book. Without my bosses realizing what I'm doing...

It's all so tricky.

1 Comments:

Blogger Notyomomma said...

Tricky, tricky, tricky.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home