www.flickr.com

Monday, January 30, 2006

Pancake Mountain

Last night I was struck with the urge to rent innocuously amusing fare from my local videostore, which also happens to be the most badass videostore ever. Like Cinefile, but edgier (if not as completely well stocked). As you know, I have a big hard-on for the Netflix, so my jaunts to the videostore are few and far between. I'm thinking that's all gonna change, though. My eyes were wide with wonderment at all the crazy cool offerings spread around the store. That's something you miss while perusing for titles on the computer. The little icon images of the dvd covers are no match for the real, tactile items themselves. As a matter of fact, I ended up renting a title Netflix doesn't even carry. Whowouldathunkthat? Tis true. Of course, I immediately emailed them letting them know they're losing major cool points for not carrying it.

Don't let the fact that it's a kids show (made in DC, no less) throw you off. It's more like a very, very, very fucked up kids show. They describe themselves as Sesame Street meets Pee Wee's Playhouse. I would say it's more like a G-rated Crank Yankers mixed with hot indie bands like Arcade Fire, Fiery Furnaces, Bright Eyes, etc. singing about odd things like houses for mouses and blue cakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home