www.flickr.com

Monday, April 25, 2005

So, I just mentioned some dance routines

and thought I'd explain myself further. For my 30th birthday semi-extravaganza, I thought it would be nice to flabbergast my guests with some choreographed dance routines by yours truly. You know, to tell the story of my life. I'm thinking some Pat Benatar is definitely in order. Perhaps WE BELONG. I can maybe shine a spotlight on my boyfriend during this number and dance intently while staring into his eyes. Wouldn't that be nice? Although, I'm holding a bit of a grudge against him because he won't do the DIRTY DANCING finale dance with me. You know, the big dance they prepare for throughout the movie in between sex? And I had the time of my life/And I never felt like this before. (I probably butchered just those two lines.) I would like to re-enact the dance step by step, but no. He's having nothing of it. Well, this way I can save it for my wedding dance, I suppose.

If anyone else can think of any appropriate songs to which I can choreograph, by all means, shout them at me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terra said...

Ohhh.... good question. Could the bf be convinced to do a Grease re-enactment? How about Eye of the Tiger? Holding out for a Hero or the theme from Footloose: Footloose by Kenny Loggins? Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson? Or would He's So Shy by the Pointer Sisters be more appropriate? Well, there's always Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leopard.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything by Paula Abdul would be good. I was also going to say Eye of the Tiger.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

Oh yes! I am DEFINITELY doing Footloose. Fantastic suggestion! I think I still remember the choreography I did to that song back during my lunches in elementary school. And I like the Paula Abdul idea. Really, each one of her songs is a novelette in itself. Perhaps some 'Rush, Rush' is in order.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Groove is in the Heart"...could it really be your birthday without it?! And you could do something to "Bizarre Love Triangle" for the Kenley years. Also, anything by Weird Al would be a showstopper.

Scratch that. Just do some Martha Graham-style writhing to Henryk Gorecki's symphonies while Seth reads "Berlin Alexanderplatz" in German. That would be a really sucky party and therefore something I wouldn't mind missing.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

Groove Is In The Heart! How could I fucking forget that? But, of course, it must be done.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home