www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I have just returned

from hopefully the last feeding of the day. Surprisngly, it was kinda healthy. We ate at this Cambodian-Thai restaurant in our neighborhood called Wonder Spice. Great name. I want to link you to the restaurant's menu on Amazon, but for some reason I can't do ANYTHING edit-wise with Blogger on a Mac. Except capitalize, so expect a lot of that. And when did Amazon start putting menus on their website? How does that fit in? And they're so ghetto, too. Like someone stole the take-out menus from every restaurant on the face of the earth and scanned them in. Amazon is apparently trying to internet-map our entire world.

So, nothing glaringly illustrates how un-adult I am more than hanging around with parents all day long. It wasn't even all day, actually. Just kind of felt that way. Although I am about to be 30 really freaking soon, all I can think to myself is 30 must be the new 20. Because I can't do responsible things, like clean sinks and/or tubs or wash clothes. Instead I just smell them and tell myself no one will notice. Or I Febreeze it. This is new and I haven't used it yet. It was recently purchased, but it may become my new mode of living. So, please forgive me if I smell a little too powder fresh.

As we know the boyfriend's parents are in town. They're being generally sweet and have offered any help and service they can provide. Like helping us move out of our old apartment. Let me answer that question- as a matter of fact, no, we haven't moved out of the old place yet. And let me answer your next question- we've been living in the new house for about a month now. If we were those things you call adults, we would've moved all of our crap out of the old place by now. But evidently, we're not sane and we're not normal and we are egregiously lacking in the responsibility department. Basically, we carried over all of our essentials one day. And then just bought the rest of the stuff we need. Leaving the old apartment pretty much fully stocked. Anyone could live there, just bring over a bed. Of course, the parents thought this was scandalous. When were we planning on moving everything out? Aren't you going on vacation in a couple of weeks? Don't you have to be moved out before you go? Haven't you told them you're moving out yet? All we could do was whimper. They immediately moved into adult-action mode. A U-Haul has been rented and will be picked up first thing tomorrow morning. Also, 2 burly men have been recruited. (From god knows where really. They asked the electrician if he knew anyone who needed some money and could move heavy objects.)

Here's hoping some of their adult-ness rubs off on us before they leave. Either that or I'd be game with them visiting once a month until we're the new 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home