www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

GRE Progress


I'm quite delighted by my math progress. I can even bust out some correct answers after 2 glasses of wine and 5 hours of sleep. Ok yes, the math is not cal or even pre-cal, but more of the 'business math' persuasion, but I have to do it all without a calculator, which is - honestly - not very business world accurate. Really now, who in this day and age does any math in their head on a regular basis? There are calculators EVERYWHERE. I've got 2 within hands reach at this very moment. Our phones even figure out our tips for us. Because 20% is JUST TOO HARD. We've made it so we never have to trouble our heads with trivial math tomfoolery again. And THIS IS WHY I had to buy a remedial book on remedial math. I lost pretty much all basic skills and realized the whole 8 multiplication series had been completely wiped from my brain. Seriously, when I first started, I forgot the product of 8 times 7. Embarrasing yes. But isn't society partly to blame?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home