www.flickr.com

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Aaaah.....the weekend





A friend came to visit from out of town the other night and we lamented on the lack of excitement in Boston. I took him to the only place that holds a marginal crowd on Sunday I know of- the now de rigueur Beehive. It didn't disappoint and maybe it even helped him feel like he was back in Europe. It was midnight, but there were several tables still having dinner and the crowd was a mix of arty types of all ages. But I had left my supercute boyfriend back at my place, so I had to end the night early after only one Beehive Julep (GODDAMN that drink is good) and dropped him off at the Eagle. Evidently, he's been to the 'Eagle' in just about every city in the states. I guess it's the gay equivalent of the ubiquitous 'Roxy'...but with very different undertones.

I actually was at Delux the other night, and I think I've lamented this to a few friends before (I guess I'm in a very lamenting mood), but that place just feels more and more empty every time I visit. We had dinner and all of the tables were full (which, for the first time, made me happy), but an hour later it started emptying out fast. I remember the days when I'd try to rush there before 8pm just to hopefully nab a seat at the bar. This time, the bar was half empty when we left around 10.

Maybe everyone's just transferred over the river to Cambridge. Went to a show Fri night at TTs, which was packed and fun (yay shows!). When the show let out around 1am though, everyone was forced to catch a cab since the opposite-of-useful T stops running at a stupid hour. I have never waited for a cab in the city longer in my life. The rock show hipsters were fanned out everywhere along Mass Ave. As we were waiting though, we noticed this insanely happening dance party going down at Zuzu! right behind us (which was very weird to me since the last time I was there I had a quite civilized meal of Moroccan Garden Couscous and pita with hummus). So, three guesses what a slightly inebriated couple with excellent rhythm ends up doing (and the first two don't count).

When we finally emerge? No problem catching that cab.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home