www.flickr.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

DODGEBALL

My boyfriend and I have recently begun dodging each other. And, it is AWESOME. Basically, it’s this social site that connects you with your friends via texts while everyone’s out and about.
Here's how it works:

1) You are out with a friend at Delux having a drink or two and generally having a pretty good time. The night is young, though, and you begin thinking how much more fun it would be if maybe another friend or two dropped by.
2) You text “@ Delux” to dodge (36343).
3) Dodgeball then sends a text to everyone on your friends list.
4) All of your friends are instantly alerted. They even provide the address!
5) Massive awesome party ensues! You head straight to work from the after-after-after party and curse your existence over 12 cups of coffee.

Doesn’t that sound like the best time ever? The site even has other useful features like, say, you’re in the vicinity of a bar you went to one night, and you want to check it out again, but you can’t remember the address. Just text “?Lucky’s” and they’ll text you the address and cross street. Or, say you want to find a place nearby you can play pool, you can text “deluxe?pool table” and they’ll text you a list. AND, you can find out where your friends of friends are. AND you can switch cities when you travel. AND you can create groups. AND you can secretly delete friends. AND you can deactivate/activate as many times throughout the night as you want. AND it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

However, I only have one friend.

And that one friend happens to be my boyfriend, who- surprise- I happen to be out and about with most often. So, when I text my location…he’s kinda already there. And it’s not helping that he’s not taking this as seriously as I am. For instance, his alerts usually let me know when he’s gone to the restroom or sleeping at his desk.

But, I JUST KNOW thousands (ok, a few) of my friends are going to join ANY DAY NOW. So, all of this limbering and practicing of the dodge texting will be so, so worth it.

(Update!! One more friend has joined! That makes TWO!!! Oh yeah.)

2 Comments:

Blogger annie-san said...

what am I, chopped liver?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

You're my other friend! You're my number two!! And, you're the best number two I've ever I've ever had.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home