www.flickr.com

Friday, August 19, 2005

HA HA!!

I was trying to take pictures of my freshly cut mullet, but you can't see it. This is the second time I have ended up with an unrequested mullet after visiting a hair salon. I must just speak a foreign language when I talk to my hairdressers. Do they just look at me and say, "Oh, no. No. She does not KNOW what she is talking about. I will not listen to her anymore. See, I will give her a BEAUTIFUL mullet. She will LOVE it. Oh, yes Yes!"

So, I have a mullet. Did you hear that, world? I HAVE A MULLET!!! And then, to rub salt, vinegar, soy sauce, the whole freaking baking aisle into my wound- she styled it into some...er....thing. This crazy, teased to the sky, wasp's nest catastrophe. I went from beyond the land of the annoyed into downright giggling. It was just too funny. I couldn't wait to show my friends, actually. I had to walk down Newbury back to my car and, without a doubt, I got some looks. Probably because I seem normal enough from the neck down. Even in the face, actually. No garish makeup or the like. But the hair. Lordy, the cotton candy teased mullet hair. But, you know what? I'm going to own this hair. Yep. I'm through with wallowing in self pity about my inability to communicate with people with scissors. I'm going to look people straight in the eye. I will know what they're thinking. And they will know that I know what they're thinking.

And I will giggle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

Where on god's green earth do you GO to get your hair cut?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

Good point, Ashbloem. I should warn everyone about this place. It's the M Salon on Clarendon. Between Newbury and Commonwealth. Don't. Ever. Go. There.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Terra said...

Notyomomma--

I have a wonderful place for you to visit. I love love love my hairdresser. She's so nice and normal. And I swear I don't go there just because they serve me red wine while I am getting styled. Really. I mean it. I go for the cut, not the booze.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home