www.flickr.com

Monday, August 08, 2005

Blogeoke Posteoke

Why can’t they have this stuff here? If there’s one thing I’ve noticed since my return to Boston, it’s that this is no movie town. Well, my lucky L.A. bff got to check out the movie theater/lounge/nightclub hybrid on Saturday. I need to check back in with her to see how successful the place is. But I don’t see how you can go wrong with a combination of a full bar, movies, and dance music. That is just win, win, win, win, win, win, win. It’s a wet dream, really.

As most y’all know, I’m headed to Austin very soon for ACL. WOOOHOOO! ROCK ON! KICK ASS! Oh, sorry. I get inappropriately excited about it every time it’s mentioned. And I’ve heard that the best get-your-drink-on-and-chow movie theater IN THE WORLD (ok, not the world, just the states) is in laid-back, liberal arty, paradoxically capital of Texas, Austin. So, I’m all over it. Like nacho cheese on chips, baby. I was checking out their site and noticed they have this thing called videoke. Which evidently is already a fine art in New York. Pretty trippy and- I’m being perfectly honest here- the exact way I’d want to spend my Saturday nights. Fuck lame bars and cheesy clubs. Bring on the hops and the dead on interpretations of Some Kind of Wonderful and Zoolander. It would take a lot of courage for me to force my untested acting abilities on others. Although, my tone-deafness surely ain’t stopping me from the karaoke. Now that I think about it, I think I could really do service to the intro scene of Bridget Jones. The one where she's shitfaced and alone in her pjs and singing her heart out to sad FM/easy listening for the over 30s. As a matter of fact, I've been rehearsing that scene most of my adult life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny-I live in Austin! It is truly the greatest city in Texas. You'll love ACL!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home