www.flickr.com

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Friday Night

Dude, I was TIRED yesterday. So tired, all I could do was sit on my couch and watch television. But the programming was disappointing. Seeing as how I currently have American Psycho and Harold and Maude as my at home Netflix movies, both of which I've seen already, I had to take matters into my own hands and actually go out and physically enter a video store to rent movies. I usually do this whenever I've been drinking and am in no mood for the quasi-intellectual fare I normally order from Netflix.

Although in my pj bottoms and a VERY LARGE shirt- a shirt that would fit Godzilla probably, I threw on a windbreaker thinking it somehow made my ensemble presentable, and hopped into my new 3rd world country loaner car. I don't think I've mentioned my loaner car yet. It's some brand of Mazda made in the early 90s that is missing many things: a.c., hubcaps, horn, tail light, etc., etc. We adopted it from a friend of ours who just bought a shiny new Liquid Night Mini. (I don't think Liquid Night is the official name of the color, but it should be.) Since my boyfriend...err I mean roommate...oh what the hell! I'm so confused...has a car his parents drove down from Illinois for him, I am the lucky driver of the aquamarine, 4-door, time bomb. One feature I do love about the car is that at whatever turn I make, even if it's at .2 miles per hour, the car makes a peeling sound, like I'm about to chase after the bad guys or something. Awesome.

At Video Underground (http://www.thevideounderground.com/) (I'm using the mac and can't add links for whatever reason), I rented Arrested Development, Bridget Jones, and the anime feature AKIRA (for the roommate). If you check out the store's site, you'll notice it's actually a quite cool little place. When you walk in you immediately feel the indie vibe, ot to mention all of the employees look like they're members of rockabilly or emo bands.

I cracked my shit up watching the Bluths and Bridget. Sometimes, drinking at home, scrawled on the couch in your pjs, is the absolute best time ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger katie's brain said...

Yay! Another Arrested Development fan! Great minds must think alike =)

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home