www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Unmanly Dancer

I've got this really annoying habit at the moment in which I harass people about their dancing history. It's not cool, I know, but I just can't seem to help myself. The words are coming out of my mouth before I can catch them. That's been happening a lot in general, actually, so I'm trying to listen, but not be heard as much at social gatherings. It saves me a lot of the incessant replaying of awkward moments later on. Side note: whenever I start obsessing about an awkward moment, I find myself grunting out loud. Does anyone else do this? It's a very curious defense mechanism I've somehow adopted. I either do that or I do the snake (just with my arms). I guess I'm trying to breakdance the bad memory out of my body? Hell, I don't know, but it works.

So, for the love of god, what is up with my insatiable need to 3rd degree everyone about their dancing social history- particularly, where they dance, how often they dance, how recently they've danced, and what music they like to dance to? When written out neatly in one sentence, it doesn't seem like a meddlesome barrage of questions really, does it? But I don't just barrage them succinctly in one nice quick conversation. No, no. I do it every single time I talk to them throughout the night. Hence, I come across as a person with a one track mind. But, I'm not! No really, I'm not! I'm multifarious!!

So these dudes I hung out with last night (and never met before in my life) now think I'm some weird dance freak. Wait a second! Am I a weird dance freak? Nooooooo. I mean, no. I mean, NO. No, I am not.

Anyway, last night was the most manly night ever. It was crazy manly. We ate lots of meat and drank whiskey. And everyone was a guy. (Except me.) Of course, if being a woman didn't scream how very not manly I am, I had to talk about dance all night long. Ok! OK! I'm dropping it now. Enough! It's over, just forget it! Everyone thinks I'm a freak and there's nothing I can do about it. Except the snake. Please excuse me while I flail my arms.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

so you're saying that you expunge the awkward memory of being obsessed with dance by...dancing?

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home