www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Worst Name For An Herbal Supplement Ever, I Don't Care If It Is A Shot


Have you guys heard of the "Cheerz Lime Peelerz?" Sadly, I did not misspell that. Evidently, it's this new herbal supplement shot you can add to your drinks so you won't get a hangover or throw up. Sounds way too good to be true, right? I actually visited their website and they tout this one study that proved the effects. Well, it's being unveiled in Vegas on the 12th and it just so happens I, too, will be in Sin City the following weekend. I will stock up on these shots and will drink with wild abandon! Yes, I will! For science!! FOR THE LOVE OF SCIENCE!

I think their website is kinda made for people already drunk. They keep talking about "moderate drinking," but they're not fooling anyone. At times, they don't even try to explain things with words anymore, they just use goofy pictures. For example:

And:

And they're not even trying to say it's the alcohol to blame really. It's the bad, evil acetaldehyde component of the alcohol, hence the inclusion of these pics on the site's



I kid you not. It's like a ride at Six Flags, people! Come on! Let's go for a ride on Cirrhosis Rapids! Wheee!

Here's another gem from the site:

MYTH: Hung-over coworkers are kind of funny, but harmless.

FACT: Light-to-moderate drinkers have 70 percent more hangovers than heavier drinkers, and they cause a whopping 87 percent of all hangover-related problems in the workplace, costing businesses billions of dollars in lost productivity, absenteeism, and increased insurance costs.

Now here's where I have to disagree. We ARE totally funny and harmless. No question. No question at all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, i will be in sin city just a short few weeks after you. i was looking forward to hitting the poker tables with you! oh well...

cheerz!

3:30 PM  
Blogger J Wilson said...

Hi Carmen.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

Hey, baby. Are you shaking what your momma gave ya?

2:16 PM  
Blogger J Wilson said...

I shook it right off. She'll have to give me a new one.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

No, you have to EARN a new one. But, I have a feeling you have.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home