www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Us Kids Know

Have you ever had to stop everything you're doing just to listen to a song? This happened to me on the subway this morning. I felt a little queer, suddenly crunching down the newspaper I was reading, grabbing my ipod and cranking the music up. Then sitting there with eyes half closed, swaying my head from side to side, lost in reverie land. I realized everyone on the train could probably tell I was obsessed with the song I was listening to. I couldn't help it, though. Arcade Fire does this to me now. I loved their cd to begin with, but watching their concert brought them to a whole new level in my eyes. I had heard good things about their live show, so I was ready for a good time, but really nothing could have prepared me for the visceral response I felt. They are officially now one of two on my favorite bands list.

I'm too lazy and generally distracted to describe the concert in minutiae or visually at all, really. But I will tell you this- I don't normally rock out at concerts. Yes, I dance and enjoy myself, but I don't, I don't know, move in tandem with the beats swirling like waves through my being. Or something like that. It fucking rocked, is basically what I'm trying to say. The very first song mesmerized me. So, I pretty much stood there with my eyes wide like saucers and my mouth hanging open in dumbfounded amazement. Then, with each passing song, my energy elevated into a complete loss of self-awareness and utter sensory enjoyment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home