www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Did You Know?

I used to be so poor when I lived in LA:

-that I used to steal toilet paper from my office;

-my roommate and I would get excited about 2-for-1 cheeseburger Wednesdays at McDonalds;

-I lived one block away from the infamously corrupt Rampart police station;

-people at the grocery store made more money than me;

-in winter, we would use our stove to heat the apartment, often standing for an hour each night warming our hands in front of the open grill, before donning our winter coats (with hood on) to go to sleep;

-I shared a very tiny one bedroom apartment and could hear all sexual shenanigans occurring in every room. (However, we were always very supportive audiences of each other, often applauding after clearly satisfactory romps.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

The reason I believe this post to be false is because everyone knows there is no winter in LA.

Standing over the stove? to WARM YOUR HANDS? HAHAHAA that's a good one.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

No, tis true. Though, maybe our Texas temperaments had not acclimated us by that point for anything below 60 degrees.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home