www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Poorly designed websites suck.

Take mine, for instance. I'm not going to pretend it's a design marvel. It's a basic and straightforward affair. One day I changed it pink and that's about all of the upkeep I have the time to commit. In an excellent world, I would have a crazy ass awesome website, but I have more important things in which to attend. Like not making all of those movies I've been planning.

BUT. BUT! BUT! There are companies that have horribly unfriendly, uninviting, defeated before you begin websites. One, for instance, is the Boston Globe. So fucking blah. No link beckons you to click on it on their site. You really have to be on a mission to get what you want. It doesn't encourage perusing at all. I'm trying to think of a newspaper website that is stellar, but I can't. The New York Times is most definitely better designed. And the LA Times.

It's so sad. I want to read my local paper, but every time I open the main page, I'm instantly fatigued and chagrined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home