www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hotness

Let's start with full screen dvds. What the fuck?? How, why FOR THE LOVE OF GOD are these made? I somehow purchased the "full screen" version of LOST IN TRANSLATION yesterday. I didn't realize dvds were split into crappy-Sunday-afternoon-local-tv-channel versions and theatrical versions. Whatever. Cause you know what? Whatever. I'm over it. I don't care. You can't pay me to care. Today is just one of those days where I DO NOT CARE and everything rolls off of my back. Even more so than usual. Crazy, but whatever.

I could go off on how just romantic the images appear in the movie. As if in every scene they are dining by candlelight. And I have quite a suspicion that Sofia and I are soulmates in the music department. She could make me a mixtape and I could bathe in it for days, I am more than sure. I also ended up purchasing WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER. I'm sure hoping it holds up on a second viewing. And a third and a fourth for that matter. We'll see. Hey! Virgin Megastore is selling a riot of dvds for $10! That's usually the amount I pay in late fees when I'm renting from the local, so, I guess as long as it hold up for just a second viewing is fine by me.

I'm going to Dallas in a couple of weeks. And then Austin. Isn't that fab? Aren't you jealous? I can't wait. I've requested to be taken to a lake. This is something Texan people do. They eat grilled things, drink ice cold beverages from cans, and hang out on small bodies of water. I. Can't. Wait. Then, I'm going to the Austin Music yada yada yada. No, dude! That's the best part! It is! Aaaaaaaaaah! Except it may be very, very, very, very hot. I fear this, actually. I dimly remember the suffocation of Texas summers. God, they're bad. And I will be outdoors for hours. Oh, what to do? There must be some form of relief possible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check both sides of the disk. Often one side is encoded for full screen while the other features the original aspect ratio.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

Isn't it cool how I reply to a comment 5 years later?

Well, I triple-checked and the dvd only has the full screen option. Ridiculous.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home