www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Yesterday, I was focused

with steely determination on my daily tasks. I strode down the hall with conviction. I spoke calmly & confidently to my co-workers. I scheduled meetings with firm resolution. And last night, I cleaned my apartment. I threw away all of my boyfriend's needless printouts. (Thank god he doesn't read this blog or he would kill me.) Additionally, I rented LOGANS RUN and was thrilled with its inane dialogue spoken with such gravitas. Example:

Logan 5: This place is a link to sanctuary isn't it?
Box: Link? Hmmmm...
Logan 5: How do you think we got here?
Box: Same as the others. Don't you remember?
Logan 5: Why do you think we're here?
Box: Why? Why?

Can you imagine? It was one of those so bad it's fabulous movies. And every scene ended in a fade out. They must've just invented it back then or something.

But I have a point. What does this all mean? I'll tell you what it all means. It all means I'm going to be 30. This is something I am not taking lightly. It's going to be a whole new world. In May. I'm looking for signs, for clues as to what this whole new world will be. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with a place called sanctuary, but am intrigued by the chiffon outfits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home