www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

My boyfriend has gone manic and is in need of lithium.

So, I'm chillin in my crib last night around 9:30. Sipping some wine mixed with Hawaiian Punch. In my pjs finally. Playing with my iTunes. When suddenly my boyfriend calls to inform me that he's on his way to pick me up for a trip to the grocery store.

Me: No, I'm comfy.
Him: Yes, you have to come.
Me: No, I'm going to bed.
Him: You're not going to come with me?!
Me: What's the big deal?
Him: I'm preparing a dinner for 8-10 friends on Thursday. I'm making a five course Greek dinner.

See, this is what happens when you don't have to be somewhere from 9 to 5 everyday. You go completely insane. Normal people don't just decide to throw dinner parties on a weekday. And, what's up with the Greek theme?? This man has never cooked Greek food in his life. Probably in the midst of some delusional high, he has decided his Greek food extravaganza menu will include:
  1. Greek salad
  2. yuvetsi
  3. artichoke menaoukos (ok, I made that name up. it has cheese & meat in it, though)
  4. flaming cheese (but say it in Greek)
  5. apple puff pastry

And he printed the most sketch recipes from the internet. The instructions say things like "Bake at a high temperature." What?! Doesn't that seem a bit vague? Of course, he immediately began cooking at 11 pm last night. I had to sleep in the lounge because he was making so much noise. I think he's going to try and recruit me to make the dessert. Apple puff pastry? The pastry part is scary enough. Nevermind that it's puffy.

Someone give this man a job.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home