www.flickr.com

Monday, November 03, 2008

The High Life

Currently watching: Bob Le Flambeur
Currently reading: Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (in prep for my annual xmas in Vegas)
Currently listening: Vivian Girls
Currently eating: Seiyo’s Special Maki
Currently cooking: peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Currently pushing: vote for decriminalizing marijuana! Ok, just an ounce, and you still get fined, but still.

I am a sleeping machine! Even though I literally just got back from vacation and only worked two days last week (and even gained an hour this weekend), I have slept an average of ten hours a night since Wednesday. Now that I think about it, maybe this is directly linked to my vacay. There’s no doubt about it, I am one relaxed girl. I even had some out of town visitors this weekend and we all slept 10 hours on Sat night. When does that happen??

I ended up taking them to Publick House, which is definitely one of the top bars in the Boston area (it’s in Brookline). It’s impossible to order a bad beer there. They specialize in Belgium beers but they have a lot of the top microbrews in the US, too. And because it’s so good, it’s usually loud and crowded by 8pm, so I scooted all of us out there by 5. My friends smartly ordered a flight (you can pick any 4 beers you want) and I started off with the Special Block 6, which I’ve determined is the champagne of beers (take that High Life!). Then, we sat around and started talking about notable bars, wherein I learned my boyfriend has pretty much been to every bar in Boston and Brooklyn (props, yo!). I also learned that some Dallas bars offer “set-ups” meaning if you bring your own liter of alcohol, they will provide the mixers, glasses and ice, because – get this- they don’t have the proper license for selling hard alcohol. This kind of thing only makes since in Dallas, apparently. And because they’re from Dallas, I had to take them to Deep Ellum because they’re the only other ones who would get it.

Then, I refused to shower or get out of my pjs all of Sunday and was in bed by 10. And, you know what? It was AWESOME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home