www.flickr.com

Thursday, December 22, 2005

What the Hell's Going on with You?

You've probably noticed that I've been quite mum regarding my recent trip to Vegas. Well, I really have to stick to the city's motto this time. Debauchry isn't just inspired there, it's normalized. A true cross-section of America roams its artificially lit halls and everyone, from the grandmothers to the 18 year olds, without fail, is carrying a freaking mixed drink in their hand. It's a little odd when there are just as many open beers in the elevator as people.

And I took up chain smoking during my short residency. I could smoke in my hotel room! I could smoke at the roulette table! I could smoke in the bathroom! In the restaurant! In the lobby! In the monorail! Everywhere!! It's like our own little Mexico, just a little more north of the border.

Amazingly, I got a little nostalgic for my hometown last night. I was speaking with a certain someone who still lives there. And he was rambling about all of the bars he'll be visiting with our fellow high school alums who descend upon the city this time of year. I NEVER go to Dallas for the holidays anymore. First of all, my mom doesn't live there. She lives in sunny San Diego, so what's the better option really? But, I get a little sad when I think of all the drunken reminiscing I'm missing out on. I was so tempted, I even checked out flights last night. Guess what. They're not cheap. No, looks like I'll be sticking to my former plan of wine, great girlfriends, a cozy couch, and some funny movies. Really, in the end, I think I'll be mighty happy with my choice.

And, then, what the hell is going on with New Years? What are people doing? What craziness is going to transpire? I want to know and I want to know now. I do have one party lined up, but I'm not sure how wild of a shindig it's going to turn out to be. I want to know what everyone else is doing, so maybe it will inspire me. Like, is anyone going to be costumed, or play some goofy game? I need ideas.

5 Comments:

Blogger Notyomomma said...

On a side note, I think I have cursed in just about every form of communication I've sent today. What gives? Damn Vegas. This must be some lingering side-effect.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

If you want to come to New York, I'm throwing a dinner party, then watching firewroksw over the park at midnight, then heading into Manhattan for a wild and raucous party where people will be wearing aznything from black tie to costumes to alternative textiles.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Terra said...

I am going to a party downtown with Vic and Kevin. You are surely most welcome to join. However, not sure how raucous it will be. So, BYOR. Bring your own Rauc.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

Maggie, you tempt me so. Why isn't Boston more of a one hour away affair? At least I know you'll be having a great time.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Notyomomma said...

Terra,

Since you actually live in the same city as me (yay!), details, please. Like, what time, how much, what's on the party's agenda? Drinking and dancing to the 80s perhaps??

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home